Monday, February 20, 2012

Day off!

Yay, so today is President's Day and I have an extra day off, which is exactly what I need! In fact, after I write this post, I'm going to banish myself from the internet for the day and write all day! Yes, I can do this. I got seriously into it for a few hours yesterday and the only reason I stopped was because I was going to bring some dinner over to my dad! Otherwise, I might have gone into "forget to eat" mode (which, believe me, does not happen that often).

As for my whining in the last post, as usual, Write Group represents with awesome advice and support. It's so true. I tend to expect perfection whenever I'm trying to change my life. I get frustrated when my inner toddler takes over and kicks everything and whines and wants to eat cupcakes all day. And if you got to try any of Pink Audrey's oreo cupcakes, then you would understand why I would want to eat cupcakes all day.

One of my non-sugary/non-floury concoctions I'm working on perfecting is sugar-free, flour-free pancakes. I got this recipe somewhere and adjusted the ingredients to my taste, but here it is:

1/4 cup almond flour (expensive stuff, but if you're only using 1/4 cup on weekends, it will last a long time!)
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 eggs
pinch of baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Pour onto griddle or whatever you use to make pancakes greased with butter or olive oil or coconut oil.

Top with fruit or eat savory!

If you're the kind of person who MUST have sweet pancakes, then I imagine you could add sugar or honey to it or even mashed bananas to keep it naturally sweet (I might try that today as an experiment). And add syrup if sugar isn't a problem for you! :)

I actually really love my new way of eating and honestly? The only stress about it is feeling very limited when dealing with social situations or going out to restaurants where there are so many hidden ingredients in things. (Who knew that KFC put MSG all over their green beans, for example??? Why? Why? Green beans are awesome by themselves. Not that I ever eat at KFC, but since I brought some over for my dad yesterday, I was looking at the nutritional information)

Also, I find that a square of very dark-dark chocolate (like over 70% dark) really helps with sweet cravings!

Now, as for my writing, I want to end this beautiful day off knowing that I am on a super sonic roll. So wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, that's awesome that you're experimenting with pancake recipes. I love it! Let me know how the mashed bananas go!

    Also, I hope your writing endeavors are super successful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the reason I was able to see that you were too hard on yourself is that I do the same thing whenever I try to make changes! They're always drastic ones with really strict rules.

    Enjoy your day off!!!

    ReplyDelete