Sunday, April 1, 2012

Oh, dear, it's been awhile!

Yikes, it's been awhile.

So meanwhile, vacation ended and I had to go back to work and already a week and a weekend has passed since being back!

I feel a bit unraveling at the seams -- overwhelmed by tons of things right now.

So also during the break, I visited Thailand. Not literally, alas, but through cooking. I found a really excellent pad Thai recipe on the jar of a pad thai sauce jar, and I just added a bit to it. I will go into more detail later perhaps. I am too lazy to hunt down the jar of pad thai sauce and write down the recipe at the moment. Let's just say it was divine and just as good as restaurant pad thai! I have also visited the Philippines via a recipe from my good friend Katie (she has lived there before). That also came out very yummy, but I forgot to take a picture of it. No, really, I WILL make a post that involves travel food again with pictures and recipes and everything, but this evening is not that day.

Healthamateur asked about fasting in a comment. To tell you the truth, I haven't done fasting much since coming back from vacation. It's hard because there's a big social element to our lunch hour at school. Everyone gets together and if anyone does anything weird (like not eating) there is instant attention on you and questions. So I haven't done it, as I get weary of talking about whatever I'm doing on any given day. I would rather not be the center of attention. I will probably go back to experimenting with fasting more in the summer or possibly on occasional Saturdays. Anyway, the question was about hypoglycemia. As far as I know, I have a tendency toward hypoglycemia. As a result, I have trouble if I eat anything high carb for breakfast (like bread or fruit or cereal). Here's what I think. I think that if you are having normal hunger pangs while fasting and just feeling mildly light-headed and uncomfortable, that that's normal. If you have such bad dizziness and shakiness that you can't function? Then probably fasting isn't for you. Also someone else mentioned (can't remember who right now) migraines, and since Healthamateur tends toward migraines, it might be a risk not worth taking because migraines suck.

Writing. Yeah. How's that going for everyone? For me, it's going ok. Not great, not horrible. The writing itself is great. It's me actually sitting down and doing it that's the problem. Once again, I will need to back off from the internet for a bit to allow more time.

Oh. And as for running? I signed up for the half marathon. Am I insane????

2 comments:

  1. The pad Thai sounds so, so good! *Drools.*

    A read this great blog post the other day on planning a creative retreat for yourself at home -- maybe you could plan your own writing retreat?

    Here's the link: http://galadarling.com/article/how-to-have-a-retreat-at-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Thanks for that. I was worried fasting wasn't for me. *shrugs* That's okay. I still have meditation and yoga. ;)

    Best of luck with the half-marathon! Maybe we can get together to train for a day beforehand!

    ReplyDelete