Monday, December 19, 2011

When Vacations Attack...

So the Travel Channel now has the following show.

When Vacations Attack

hahaha. Totally fits the theme of this blog, right?

I love it when the universe is in sync with my silly little mind.


In other news, I am ON BREAK for the next two weeks. There is nothing that feels better than being at the beginning of a glorious vacation. I'm not traveling this year, and at first I was really disappointed. I mean, I really wanted to see my good friends in Seattle for New Year's. But the plans would have involved some really dicey traveling on New Year's Day since school starts up for us on the 2nd right away. And there's nothing like coming back all disoriented and tired and having to get through a long week of work, right in the middle of winter when you're achy and cold and miserable anyway. And also, the tickets to Seattle were totally not in my budget. $800 round trip??? Not possible. And even if I had money to throw around, I couldn't spend that much on a domestic ticket, just out of principle. Ridiculous!

So anyway, I'm not traveling. Now that the option is out of my hands, I LOVE not having to travel over the holidays. No airport drama, no anxiety, no worrying about the weather (which has not been too bad around here this month), getting to sleep in my own bed most nights, getting to putter, etc.

And I get to hang out with a ferocious, six-hundred pound Siberian Snow Tiger.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that new show will give you tons of blog material!

    Hurray, break! You're lucky not to travel -- Mr. Sequin and I have confessed to each other that we'd rather stay home this year.

    And oh my gawd, your kitty is adorable!!! I hope he's been behaving himself and not waking you up at insane hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee! Totally!

    I wish you guys didn't have to travel, but before you know it, you'll be home again!

    Oh, Kitty is still being very bad at ungodly hours, but I think I'm getting better at ignoring him!

    ReplyDelete